– 1/2 cauliflower, floreted
– 3 tbsp coconut oil
– 1 garlic clove, finely diced
– 3 cups water
– 1 tbsp turmeric
– 1 tbsp ginger
– 1 tbsp fresh chilli, chopped
– 1 can coconut cream
– sea salt and pepper to taste
– 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
– 1 cup zucchinis, chopped
– 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Coat cauliflower in a couple of tbsp of coconut oil and roast for 20-30 minutes or until lightly golden.
3. Heat remaining oil in a large sauce pan over a medium heat.
4. Add garlic and sauté until golden.
5. Add water, roasted cauliflower, herbs and spices. Bring to the boil then simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile heat oil in a pan, add mushrooms and zucchinis and sauté until golden.
7. Remove the cauliflower mix from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
8. Blend until smooth and return to pan, add coconut cream and heat slowly until hot.
9. Serve in a bowl with quinoa, mushrooms and zucchinis on top.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CAULIFLOWER
— very low in calories (26 calories/100g)
— rich in health-benefiting antioxidants and vitamins
— low in fat and cholesterol
— florets contain about 2 g of dietary fiber per 100 g
— contains several anti-cancer phyto-chemicals
— immune modulator, anti-bacterial and anti-viral agent
— excellent source of vitamin C
— contains good amounts of many vital B-complex groups of vitamins